Your Daily Dose of Comedy!

Monday, January 16, 2012

To Kindle Or Not To Kindle?

To kindle or not to kindle is the question I am trying to answer. I love to read but I am kinda old fashion when it comes to reading.  I like to have the actual book and like to go to the bookstore and browse through the books.  There is a used bookstore by my house but the selection is very limited.  Since I don't have very much time to do this anymore because of our work schedules, I've been buying books from Amazon. The problem is that I can finish a good size book in a day or two.  I could order more than 2 books at a time but it can get kind of expensive.  My husband suggested I get a Kindle. I looked up the pros and cons of getting a Kindle but want to hear first hand from you ladies if you prefer to read via a actual book or via a Kindle.

http://www.askdeb.com/technology/kindle/what/

http://techcrunch.com/2009/02/25/10-reasons-to-buy-a-kindle-2-and-10-reasons-not-to/

4 comments:

  1. I have personally never heard of Kindle. But I do love Goodreads.com I have made a lot of friends on that site, they're are a lot of online bookclubs depending on what books you like to read and you can read and leave book reviews :) I love jumping on there. You dont even need a bookmark in your book, you can mark the page on your profile and keep your friends up to date what your thinking throughout. I think they also have book swaps too..

    http://www.goodreads.com

    Goodluck with finding out about Kindle, sorry I couldn't be of more help..

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am old fashioned as well. I prefer to have an actual book but lately Ive been wondering this same thing..should I invest in a Kindle?? But only because I have all these books and no where to put them..I had a dream of one day having a library of my own but with two kids I think this wont be possible until they are old enough to move out. So do you buy a kindle or not????
    By the way I gave you an award HERE. on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are totally the same when it comes to books! haha. It takes me WEEKS or even MONTHS just to finish a book. At the same time, I can't imagine having a Kindle just yet. I love the feel of a book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love a book. There is just something special about opening a book and reading it that you can't get from a kindle....at least in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete